Re: Re: Giving remaja (teens) group full administrator privileges through sudo - dangerous?

Carl (carlf@panix.com) said:

OK, which meaning of "program" are you using here? In American (and UK) English, it can mean either "set of instructions that run on a computer" or "television entertainment item." You seem to be using it both ways in this message or confusing the two.

In this case, "program" means "instructions that run on a computer", or "software".

In hypothetical scenario as I described in the starting of this thread, I imagine that TV programs run by TV stations can be thought as computer programs in TV station's production systems.

I would instead make the specific programs the students/teens should be using executable by them without needing sudo. Linux permissions make this very straightforward.
I mean:

# chown root:remaja /opt/teen-programs/bin/* && chmod 755 /opt/teen-programs/bin/*

But we're considering in this thread when most age-restricted programs can only be run using sudo, that is, such programs can only be run by root or using sudo.