Re: System on a chip - performance relative size and setup (how can the (Debian) setup make a difference?)

Quoting Erik Josefsson (2019-06-18 14:26:57)

Good explanation on swap: https://www.linuxatemyram.com/

> On Teres-I with redpill RC2 (now there is a RC3 that I have not yet
> installed) an unfortunate website with pop up commercials (like dn.se)
> can eat all performance there is and freeze the mouse for hours. I
> would guess that could have been fixed on a normal computer with "more
> RAM", i.e., "more swap"? But is the same true for e.g. Teres-I?
>

> Second question is if it is meaningful to buy a "super duper blazing
> fast" SD card for the task to run a whole Debian system?
>
> There is a very expensive 64GB SD card from SanDisk that is called
> Extreme Pro that costs twice as much as same size Extreme Plus. Specs
> say it is "super duper blazing fast" for video in "Ultra HD 4K", but
> would Pro also be faster than Plus for the task of running Thunderbird
> and Firefox at the same time?

Recent research on SD card performance:
https://github.com/ThomasKaiser/Knowledge/blob/master/articles/A1_and_A2_rated_SD_cards.md

 - Jonas