Re: Reading pdf files

Quoting franiortiz hotmail (2019-06-17 11:33:30)
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 12:11:17PM -0700, Fred wrote:

[...]

>>>As stated before I used documentviewer and xpdf.
>>>
>>>As a consequence of this discussion I tried evince and mupdf. They
>>>did not solve the problem. I did not try atril and okular because for
>>>those I would have to install so much extra stuff that I probably
>>>will use only in this context. Thus I do not know whether they would
>>>solve the problem.
>>>
>>>My conclusion: This seems to be the result of generating the pdf file
>>>under Windows. To read the file I have to use the latest version of
>>>the Acrobat Reader. Thus I will continue to use Windows in the few
>>>cases I get such a document.

[...]

> xournal is a good option

I find Xournal useful for making freeform annotations - in particular
for writing my signature on contracts where the recipient
accepts/requires such weak form of digital-but-not-cryptographic
signature.

...but I highly doubt that Xournal is any better at rendering documents
which fails to render for Evince (a.k.a. documentviewer) - which was the
issue raised by the original poster.

 - Jonas