Re: Reading pdf files

On 2019-06-15 3:39 a.m., Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
[ quotes reordered by time - please consider not top-posting, Hans ]

Quoting Gary Dale (2019-06-15 05:35:58)
On 2019-06-13 12:10 p.m., Joe wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2019, 16:29:27 CEST schrieb k. jantzen:
in general I do not have a problem reading a pdf file with either
xpdf or documentviewer.

But once in a while I get a pdf file that they cannot read and then
I have to go to Windows to open it.

What is so spectacular about these files that they cannot be read
by the above mentioned programs? Is there another program that
would read such a file?