Re: Reading pdf files

On 15.06.19 07:51, Curt wrote:
> curty@einstein:~$ mupdf
> usage: mupdf [options] file.pdf [page]
>         -p -    password
>         -r -    resolution
>         -A -    set anti-aliasing quality in bits (0=off, 8=best)
>         -C -    RRGGBB (tint color in hexadecimal syntax)
>         -W -    page width for EPUB layout
>         -H -    page height for EPUB layout
>         -S -    font size for EPUB layout
>         -U -    user style sheet for EPUB layout
>
> So I guess, 'mupdf -C FFEFD5 foo.pdf' (which gives papaya, not wheat--can't find
> wheat--but at least it's a foodstuff). Works here.

Many thanks, Curt. I'll have to update my mupdf:

$ mupdf -C FFEFD5 ~/Personal/domestic/shed/design/plans.pdf
mupdf: unknown option -C
usage: mupdf [options] file.pdf [page]
        -b -    set anti-aliasing quality in bits (0=off, 8=best)
        -p -    password
        -r -    resolution
        -A      disable accelerated functions

And that seems to need an update of my ancient debian version, as an
"apt-get install mupdf" offers nothing newer. Procrastination does seem
to catch up on one eventually.

Erik