Re: Forgot name of Debian "configuration" {wrong word?} file

On 06/14/2019 06:20 AM, Erik Christiansen wrote:
On 14.06.19 06:10, Richard Owlett wrote:
I can't remember the name of the file which identifies the association
between a directory (i.e. \home) and which physical partition it is on. The
file I'm looking for also identifies which partition is used for swap.

Easier than looking in /etc/fstab is just running the "mount" command.
The "df" command also includes what you seek in its output.

Erik

Thanks. I've never used the df command and I always think of mount as an action command not as a query.

I just ran the mount command with no options. It gave a fascinating list that I should probably read about.