Re: Wondering how long it usually takes for a package to move from stable-p-u

On Jo, 11 apr 19, 08:20:18, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 11/04/2019 05:59, Luke Picciau wrote:
> > I have been tracking this package
> > https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ca-certificates-java for about a month
> > because the package version 20170929~deb9u1 which is in stable has a bug
> > which is blocking my docker image builds. Version 20170929~deb9u2 should
> > fix it but the package has been in stable-p-u for a while now. How long
> > usually does it take for a package to move from stable-p-u to stable?
>
> You have to bear in mind that currently Debian is terminating a cycle.

stable-proposed-updates is currently just a link to
stretch-proposed-updates.

When buster is released the link will be changed to point to
buster-proposed-updates instead, it won't affect the contents of the
archive.

This is just another way of recommending to always use code-names in
sources.list, as it avoids surprises on releases.

Kind regards,
Andrei