Re: which one is executed first ip_forward=1 or iptables FORWARD Drop

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 10:06:30AM +0100, BELAHCENE Abdelkader wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using  one machine, say SERV,  as a gateway ( cards eth0, eth1) from
> network1  to network2, I want to forward  all packets but tcp port 80   so
> I used
> *sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1*

This just enables the forward mechanism in the kernel

> *I want to drop port 80, and accept others port*
>
> *I tryed*
>
> *iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth0 -p tcp  --dport 80 -j DROP*

It doesn't forward anything.
Are these all rules you have?
Please post the output of

iptables -L

Also are network1 and network2 routable? Or do you try a NAT setup?

> *but not ran*

what does that even mean?
Does that mean it was not working?
Technically it does, it just doesn't do what you want it to do.

> *Thanks for help*
> *regards*

and your "*" key is stuck ;)

-H