Re: How to disable automatic core dumps in Debian 9?

Reco,

thanks for reply!

> rgrep core /etc/security/limits*
> Would be more correct. Files at /etc/security/limits.d/ can override limits.conf.

Indeed. Output of "rgrep core /etc/security/limits*" is following:

$ rgrep core /etc/security/limits*
/etc/security/limits.conf:#        - core - limits the core file size (KB)
/etc/security/limits.conf:*               hard    core            0
/etc/security/limits.conf:root            hard    core            0
/etc/security/limits.conf:#root            hard    core            100000
$

So in short, the configuration in my initial e-mail was enough to
disable core dumps? After reading the "man 5 core", I also set the
"kernel.core_uses_pid" to 0.

thanks,
Martin