error when printing to Samsung C410 series colour laser printer

I can print fine from Stretch but not from Buster. When I try to print to this printer from Buster, I get a short listing of a text error. For example, I just tried to print a PDF and got

SPL-C ERROR - Undefined Command

    POSITION : 0x21958 (137560)

    SYSTEM : src/xl_pa

    LINE : 298

    VERSION : SPL-C 5.59.01 06-19-2013

I get different errors when printing LibreOffice documents of various types. The errors persist whether I print to the printer via its network interface or USB cable via a Stretch CUPS server. However I can print from a Stretch computer.

My usual workaround is to create a PDF, then ssh to the CUPS server and print via lp.

This only seems to affect this one printer. It's been going on for months now, so I figured I should report it since it isn't going away on its own. The driver I use is the Samsung C410 Series driver, which is probably the one from the HP driver download page.