Re: kernel policy vs bug handling (how to followup #919227 ?)

Il 08/06/19 12:18, Andrei POPESCU ha scritto:

On Mi, 27 mar 19, 21:22:18, Andrea Borgia wrote:
2) maybe I am not using the proper keywords but I can't seem to find
information on Debian kernel policy, specifically: when does a new kernel
from upstream enter "unstable"?

Usually quite soon after the upstream kernel is released as "stable".

During the freeze only packages meant for the next stable should be
uploaded to unstable (as per Release Team policy), so new versions might
go to experimental or not be packaged at all until after the release.

"Unstable" still has 4.19 whereas 5.0.x and 5.1.x are marked as stable upstream, so I guess we'll see them in the next release.

Thanks,
Andrea.