Re: install debian cann't detect hard disk

> On 7 Jun 2019, at 18:31, lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have tried different version of debian and even ubuntu on latest macbook pro.
>
> I did the partition exactly follow very carefully based on the online
> documents but it still failed to detect the hard disk during
> installation.  Besides that I even can't run the live version. any
> suggestions will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks very much, lina

Hi Lina,

There are unfortunately lots of ongoing challenges with the 2018 Macbook Pro machines. You can follow a log here to see where the project is at as of 25 days ago. The main issue seems to be the T2 security chip will not allow access to the nvme drive, even if you diable Secure Boot in the Recovery Menu. Together with the drive issue, Wifi and sound don’t work either.

You cold try the very latest Arch Linux ISO as it’s got the very latest driver updates going with a new kernel as well.

https://github.com/Dunedan/mbp-2016-linux/issues/71

Jacques