Re: Sequential boot with systemd?

On Mi, 27 mar 19, 19:27:21, Steve Keller wrote:
> Is it possible to configure systemd to *not* start services in
> parallel?

That would be very difficult to achieve with systemd, your best option
would probably be to switch to sysv.

> I'd prefer deterministic boot with readable boot
> messages.  With parallel start, messages of different services get
> intermingled and it's much more difficult to identify possible
> problems.

Not an option for boot messages, but journalctl has some advanced
filtering options that one can use, e.g. '-b -u ssh' will show only the
messages from the current boot and from units matching the pattern
'ssh'.

If you only care about possible problems -p (priority) could also be
useful.

It shouldn't be very difficult to script something based on that.

Kind regards,
Andrei