Re: Replacing Pulseaudio with Alsa alone

One thing you might try is to edit /etc/pulse/daemon.conf, and set:

    flat-volumes = no

This will fix most problems with pulseaudio, and alsa will work pretty
much as expected.

    John

BTW, automatic volume control was added in Windows 10. This was the
era that pulseaudio was developed, and the same functionality was
included. It didn't work out in Windows 10, and the functionality was
removed. Pulseaudio still has the functionality.

--

John Conover, conover@rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/