Re: Debian standard installation media packages

Hi,

Jacques Toerien wrote:
> I suspect I have a corrupt usb install image.

Which image exactly are you using ?
Please tell the download URL and a checksum after download (MD5 or some
SHA*).

> Several files are missing or appear to be part files.

Any corruption of files should change the image checksum.
So if the checksum matches the published one, then all files are as
they were on the Debian machine which built the image.
(This does not outrule damage. But that damage would hit everyone who
 tries to use the published image.)

> Is there a way to select the build-essential package during a base install,
> or do you have to mount, chroot and change apt.sources after the install?

I'm not sure whether
  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed
will have an answer or whether
  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify/CD
is up-to-date.

If not other members of this list can tell, you will have to ask at
debian-cd or debian-live for advise where to look or ask next.

But first you should try to find out why you don't get the software
of build-essential. Then you can ask the right questions about a remedy.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas