Re: lightweight wifi UI (Was: Insidious systemd)

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 14:30:38 +0200
Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.net> wrote:

> On 2019-05-29 20:47:06 +0300, Reco wrote:
> > 	Hi.

> > > No, there isn't any dependency, even recursively:
> > >
> > > ypig:~> apt install -s wicd
> > > [...]
> > > The following additional packages will be installed:
> > >   python-glade2 python-notify python-wicd rfkill wicd-daemon wicd-gtk
> > >   wireless-tools
> > > [...]
> >
> > $ apt-cache show wicd-gtk | grep Recommends
> > Recommends: gksu, python-notify
> >
> > Things might be different in buster or sid, of course. This is stretch.
>
> Yes, this has changed:
>
> ypig:~> apt-cache show wicd-gtk | grep Recommends
> Recommends: policykit-1 | menu | kde-runtime, python-notify
> Recommends: gksu, python-notify
>
> But anyway, this was just a Recommends, and the OP had apt configured
> not to install Recommends by default.

I checked that and some time ago had set Recommends back to install by
default, but had forgotten.  When I initially installed Stretch last
year I had set Recommends not to install as a precaution against
systemd reinstalling itself which it tried to a lot.  That changed
after about a month or so.  After a while since I was having to install
some Recommends by hand anyway as apps were complaining, I set it back.

I apologize for my forgetfulness.