Re: icedove corrupts accented letters

On Sun 26 May 2019 at 20:46:10 (+0100), Frederik AA de Jonge wrote:
> since upgrading to stretch
> all emails sent from icedove
> have their accented letters corrupted
>
> email with text like this
> problema com acentos
> a??e??i??????
> ????o
> altera????o
>
> is received like this
> problema com acentos
> a??e??i??????
> ????o
> altera????o
>
> all accented letters become '??'
> irrespective of whether is ask to send plain mail or html mail
> encoding = utf-8
>
> this error makes icedove unusable for me
>
> any thoughts?

Only that *all* the problematical characters in your posting are
displayed here as question marks, both the "correct" and the
incorrect versions.

My charset setting only changes from us-ascii to utf-8 when I type (or
quote) a non-ascii character in a posting. Yours is set to utf-8 and
yet I see no non-ascii characters in the posting.

> related to email provider = yahoo?

Cheers,
David.