Re: Wifi not working in Lenovo laptop/Ideapad/Atheros QCA9377

On 01/06/2019 16:52, senthil kosapeta wrote:
[...giant snip]
   I looked into the firmware-atheros package in Debian Stable (9),
backports, testing and unstable. Only the version in unstable currently
has the firmware file you need to make your wifi chip work
(/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-6.bin) .

You can download it yourself on one of the Debian mirrors:

https://packages.debian.org/sid/all/firmware-atheros/download

Then install the package with the command:

dpkg -i firmware-atheros_20190502-1_all.deb

This command must be issued in the directory where you downloaded the
package, and with root privileges.

When this is done, simply reboot your system, or unload/reload the
driver module with:

modprobe -r ath10k_pci
modprobe -r ath10k_core

modprobe -v ath10k_core
modprobe -v ath10k

Ignore the "irq=" option for now, I am on Debian unstable and wrongly
assumed you had the needed firmware file already on your system.

HI,

My system got crashed.
After installing firmware-atheros, I tried modprobe commands. (Even before
restarting)
When i am done with last command which is "modprobe -v ath10k_pci", system
got stuck.
I had force shutdown, and restarting the laptop is hit with the same old
problem like earlier crash.

When i run through recovery mode, it says following (also seen during
earlier crash)
*ath10_pci *** : failed to recieve control response completion, polling ...*

After that i tried booting via debian live usb, got the root prompt, tried
following commands
modprobe -r ath10k_pci
modprobe -r ath10k_core

modprobe -v ath10k_core
modprobe -v ath10k_pci irq_mode=1

It is still not working and is stuck while boot.
Please suggest more.

Sen

Hi, which version of the firmware-atheros package did you install ? Was the installation successful, no error messages ?

When the boot sequence gets stuck, when exactly does it happen, what do you see on the screen ? If you crashed the system a few times, the file-system may need to be checked, did you see any message mentioning "fsck" or file-system check ?

Nota: you can answer back to the list only, I am subscribed.