Re: jessie to stretch upgrade Killed sudo.

Am 06.05.19 um 14:29 schrieb Martin McCormick:
> After upgrading 2 older I86 systems to stretch, sudo works on one
> and fails on the other but I am writing about both.  The problem
> was probably on the failing system all along but su still allowed
> a su to root under jessie but won't allow it under stretch.
>
> sudo: pam_open_session: Permission denied
> sudo: policy plugin failed session initialization

Ok, this where to start: Have a look at your pam config:
- Have there been any changes? Not just recently, but at any time.
- What are the modification dates in /etc/pam.d/?
- What pam modules are installed? -> dpkg -l | grep pam
If I'm not wrong, a systemd module 'libpam-systemd' was introduced with stretch. This has to be present!