Re: How do I trace changes in configuration files?

On 5/1/19, David Wright wrote:

> As for finding where the information went, I sometimes use
> # find /boot /etc /home /lib /lib64 /var -type f -mmin -1440 -print | less #
> one day
> but changing 1440 to something more appropriate, like 10 (mins).

You can use "find -newer" and not have to guess/remember how long ago

$ cat makets
#!/bin/sh
# create a timestamp file
#
# useful for finding files created after the timestamp
# eg. find files created/modified after timestamp
#   find  ${HOME} -newer /tmp/timestamp
# find all files created/modified after timestamp
#   find  /cygdrive/c -newer /tmp/timestamp

TS=`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M`
#   20160225-0734

touch /tmp/timestamp /tmp/timestamp-${TS}

Regards,
Lee