Re: emacs save and kill buffer for (neo)mutt

On 12/04/19 13:00, David Wright wrote:
On Fri 12 Apr 2019 at 18:04:45 (+0200), Pétùr wrote:
I use neomutt with emacs.

I would like to quickly save and kill a buffer in emacs. This is to
avoid typing C-x C-s and, then, C-x C-c when sending an email. I want
one shortcut to save and kill the buffer and be back quickly in mutt to
send the email.

I tried the following inside my .emacs (binded to C-q). It works but
kill also the window when inside a terminal. I am not going back to mutt
after writing inside emacs (-nw) and C-q. How can I fix that?

I just put
(global-set-key [?\C-q] "\C-x\C-s\C-x\C-c")
into my ~/.emacs file and it works just as one would expect, both when
emacs is running in a separate window (which disappears) or when emacs
is running with -nw in an xterm (the xterm is unaffected).

I will finish composing this email (in emacs -nw) by typing ^q and
expect to be left in mutt, whereupon I shall press y to send it.
Is that what you wnat?

(Sorry for the late reply)

Yes, this is exactly what I want to do.

(global-set-key [?\C-q] "\C-x\C-s\C-x\C-c") works as expected when emacs
is launched as an instance. But I use it as a daemon. When emacs is
launched by "emacs --daemon" and called by emacsclient, your shortcut
will kill the buffer and I am not going back to mutt. I have to dig into
my tmp folder to retrieve the email I was trying to send.

The same behavior occures with the code I use. (see first email).

How can I prevent this?

Pétùr