Re: Obtaining/compiling/installing python3.7

On Sat 27 Apr 2019 at 01:47:53 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 04/26/2019 02:25 PM, Darac Marjal wrote:
> >
> Using Buster was my original idea but it's not ready in ways important to
> me. I had been looking for Python3.7 in backports. What snags might I hit
> attempting to use a testing package in stable? I'm using an isolated system
> so I can take some risks.

Install Python3.7 on stretch? Fifteen minutes work at the most,
and a learning experience into the bargain.

Install stretch; base system only. Change sources.list to buster.
Update and install python3.7. Seven new packages and six upgraded
packages. Not bad at all. Not a snag in sight. Revert the previous
change to sources.list.

How this unknown beta software behaves on such a system would be
interesting to know.

No compilation box ticked because Debian did it all.

--
Brian.