Re: just mail forwarding to smart mailer

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 13:53:05 +0000
Bonno Bloksma <b.bloksma@tio.nl> wrote:

> Hi,

> > Note that sSMTP does not perform server certificate verification, thus allowing, e.g., credential stealing via MITM attacks. Furthermore, it neglects to document this failing, although we're working on this ;)
> >

> That is not a problem for me, all mail traffic will be inside out own LAN.
> The wiki has very little info. Like, if it is not a daemon then how does the mail even leave the system? When will the program become active to send the mail to the smarthost?

I'm not sure what you mean by "empty the local queue". The way ssmtp
works is that programs (e.g., the cron daemon) that want to send
mail invoke ssmtp via the 'sendmail' command (which smtp provides a
version of).

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SSMTP
https://www.linux.com/news/ssmtp-simple-alternative-sendmail
https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/it-security/use-ssmtp-to-send-e-mail-simply-and-securely/