Re: What am I missing that causes this error response from the wheezy mozilla?

On Wednesday 06 February 2019 08:04:59 John Hasler wrote:

> Gene writes:
> > I'm firmly in ipv4 country yet, and I don't know of an ipv6 facility
> > closer than Pittsburgh.
>
> Irrelvant.  Use a tunnel.  I've used these free tunnel brokers:
> https://ipv6.he.net/

nearest portal is 500 miles away over ipv4 circuits

> https://www.sixxs.net/main/

was sunsetted 3 years ago.

I just called my cable connection provider, and asked how far away
timewise, is ipv6 connectivity in Weston WV.
" I don't know what this ipv6 is "

So me, and my ancient web page, are stuck in 10 megabit territory, can
get 100 if I needed it for another 30 bucks a month, at an ipv4 address
I just renewed in the December past for another 5 years at namecheap.
Address in the sig.  And while its said to be dynamic, as long as I
clone this buffalo routers MAC into whatever router I have  hooked up,
its been a fixed address for the past 7 years.

One must be practical.  And my point is that the most important mile in
any net connection, is the last mile to ones modem, and what bandwidth
the modem is provisioned for. And I consistently measure about 11 or 12
megabyte down and around 3 up. Meaning I am getting a wee bit more than
I'm paying for. My telephone is also part of that bundle.  I long ago
found Verizon's copper here in town, buried for 80+ years, had  very
poor reliability, and to get Verizon to fix it for another week was
taking complaints to the states PUC, and which was pissing Verizon off
no end. So when the local cable was sold to Shentel and a whole new
technical facility was constructed to support it, I voted with my wallet
and had it all moved. Now the only service outages have been because the
power is off long enough for their batteries to run down. I have my own
power and the modem and my phone is back up 15 seconds after my power
starts.  Cell phone service dies after their generators run out of fuel.

Takes half a day before their batteries go flat if the outage is wide
spread.

Verizon sold the local phone system to Frontier, which try harder but its
still the same old copper with all its problems.

So ipv6 is locally moot, John, and likely will not change within my
remaining time on this ball of rock and water, which I just extended by
getting a pacemaker with a ten year battery installed last month. Since
I am 84 now, I expect something else will put a ~30~ on my story.

If and when it arrives locally, I expect the drones answering the phones
at my provider will be made cognizant because its their job to sell me a
better service.

> A complete list:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IPv6_tunnel_brokers

Cheers, Gene Heskett