Re: Why choose Debian on server

On Sunday 06 January 2019 10:17:16 Brian wrote:

> On Sun 06 Jan 2019 at 14:42:08 +0100, deloptes wrote:
> > Curt wrote:
> > > I suppose you could argue that the percentage of Firefox users too
> > > lazy or bewildered to try another browser is good enough for
> > > stackexchange, because, goddammit, you take what you can get.
> >
> > Please be nice - I am not lazy - I have Chromium, but I do not want
> > to use it. I like FF more and I can not accept the argument
> > regarding 1 page printing in FF, because other sites do not have the
> > problem, hence it is doable to overcome the issue from within the
> > site (perhaps css definitions - I do not know what exactly the issue
> > is and I do not care). If site developers may embed 100s of lines of
> > code to check browser and version and can adapt their sites to IE,FF
> > and Chromium the least, they could also take care of this "feature",
> > so lazy is not me, but the one that does not care, test or provide
> > proper support for printing from within FF. This is my opinion only,
> > you may accept or not... and I agree with Gene - stackexchange is
> > phony in their philosophy, but it is their right to be so and my
> > right to qualify it as such. OF course you have the right to have a
> > different opinion and I respect this.
>
> Strictly speaking, the problem does not arise due a problem in the
> printing system. Firefox produces a PDF before dispatching it for
> printing and that PDF is not a true representation of the web page.
>
> Whether the issue is tackled by Firefox or at the stackexchange end
> is immaterial; this will take time. Meanwhile, there is an elderly
> user who had hoped to read and absorb the material today while eating
> his free lunch.
>
> Maybe he would like to use SHIFT+F2 with Firefox (I have Quantum) and
> take a screenshot of the whole page.

Two questions then, Brian: Where in the FF menu's does one find this
magic key combo documented?

>   screenshot filename.png --fullpage

And pray tell, where does it stash this .png? FF it seems, goes out of
their way to select where it stashes a downloadable file. Its instructed
to ask me, but rarely does.

> Use TAB to complete and move along the command line. The file produced
> is named filename-fullpage.png and is, of course, printable.

Good to know.

Cheers, Gene Heskett