Fwd: Upgrade Problem

This is an addendum to my original message.

Einstein defined insanity as: "trying the same thing and expecting a different answer". In spite of that I tried apt-get dist-upgrade again and got:

root@AbNormal:/home/comp# apt dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  libarchive13 tzdata
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/567 kB of archives.
After this operation, 12.3 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Accepting the default I got:

ldconfig: Writing of cache data failed: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing package libc-bin (--configure):
 libc-bin
root@AbNormal:/home/comp#

slightly different from my first message.