Persistent Desktop Environment

I am the family administrator. And with a global user base too.
Somehow my parents are still messing up their computer. Not
deliberately more by accidental clicks or drags.
So now I would create the most simplistic destop environment
which is most resilient to accidental changes.

So is there a way to lock down firefox user interface?
I want only bookmarks visible and editable (add).
But no accidental drags or clicks to change the user interface.
Is that possible?

For email a would like to use geary. And again lock the UI.

Or as an alternative, could you backup the ~/.config directory and
restore at every reboot? Would that restore the default state of
GNOME apps? Then a reboot would automatically reset the
user interface.

Any advice on how to lock the Desktop Environment?

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com