Re: Invisible IPv6 addresses

	Hi.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 04:54:17PM -0500, Celejar wrote:
> But the IPv6 address e:f:g:h:i:j:k:l is not actually configured
> anywhere on the router (as shown by 'ip a' and other tools)!

Either there's some IPv6 - IPv4 conversion involved, or Verison just
terminates inbound IPv6 connections on their end.

> Is this really how IP works, that since Verizon is sending packets
> with that destination down my connection, my router is going to accept
> and reply to them despite not having any such IP address configured?

No. How IPv6 usually works is that you're given a /64 block of IPv6
addresses (whenever it's DHCPv6, RA or static configuration).
But you can clear things out easily.

Can you establish an outbound connection from the router via IPv6?
Something like this should do it:

curl https://ipv6.google.com

Reco