inconsistent Clipit cut&paste with firefox, konsole, claws

Hello,

after upgrade from stretch to buster, my cut&paste does not work as
before any more.

I run lxde, with clipboard manager Clipit 1.4.5
"using primary" and "syncing clipboards" is activated
(not sure about the english labels, since I run german locale)

Firefox:
I cannot copy web adresses anymore by just selecting them, as I did
before the update.
I can however copy adresses by using ctl+C
I can copy normal text from a webpage by just selecting it

Konsole (18.04.0):
sometimes I can copy text by just selecting it, sometimes I can't.

claws mail:
can't use bare X mouse clipboard any more, just CTL+C / CTL+V

Is there any point where I can finetune this behaviour?
Or at least understand it?
Could I use another clipboard manager within lxde?

-
regards
Wolfgang