Re: usb snooper

On Wednesday 27 November 2019 07:11:26 Reco wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 07:03:13AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 November 2019 01:55:50 Reco wrote:
> > > 	Hi.

> > > /usr/sbin/tcpdump -D
> > >
> > > </thread>
> >
> > Thanks Reco, I had to install it, but then reread the man page a
> > couple times, but I don't get it yet: (screen snip)
>
> tcpdump(8) says:
>
>    -i interface
>    --interface=interface
> 	  Listen on interface ...
> 	  If the -D flag is supported, an interface number as printed by
> 	that flag can be used as the interface argument, if no interface on
> the system has that number as a name.
>
> So,
>
> sudo /usr/sbin/tcpdump -i 8
>
> Reco

Doesn't look as if it will work with this preempt-rt kernel :(

pi@rpi4:~/linuxcnc/configs/sheldon-lathe $ sudo /usr/sbin/tcpdump  -i 7
tcpdump: Can't open USB bus file /sys/kernel/debug/usbmon/1t: No such
file or directory

pi@rpi4:~/linuxcnc/configs/sheldon-lathe $ sudo ls /sys/kernel/debug
asoc       cleancache        devices_deferred  f2fs                hid
memblock  pm_genpd  regmap          sleep_time  vc-mem
bdi        clear_warn_once   dma_buf           fault_around_bytes
ieee80211  mmc0      pm_qos    regulator       tracing     vcsm-cma
block      clk               dri               frontswap           irq
mmc1      pwm       sched_debug     usb         vc-smem
bluetooth  device_component  extfrag           gpio
kprobes    pinctrl   ras       sched_features  vchiq

Thanks anyway, Reco.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis