Re: minissdpd failure in update

On 2019-11-21, isaac <nejekipl@bigpond.com> wrote:
>  minissdpd
> root@Isaac:/home/isaac#
>
> can you help me why minissdpd is not working.

You might try

 dpkg-reconfigure minissdpd

and if that fails, the Reddit fellow below purged the package,
reinstalled it, and then it worked again. Granted, it's a crude method,
and thoroughly unenlightening.

https://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/ba05b5/buster_minissdpd/

There's an outstanding bug for minissdpd concerning IPV6, now apparently
switched on by default, creating failures in systems where that protocol
is disabled.

--
“The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence
is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.”