Re: can not update/upgrade Debian 10 when using apt-cacher-ng

On 10/29/2019 12:50 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 11:45:02 +0100
> john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
>
>> /etc/apt/sources.list:
>>
>> http://HOSTNAME-APT-CACHER-NG>:3142/debian-security buster/updates
>                                ^
>
> That greater than character looks problematic; is it correct?

It is a typo, thanks for spotting, the line I'm currently using is:

http://HOSTNAME-APT-CACHER-NG:3142/debian-security buster/updates main

> Also, I find that setup puts a file, apt.conf, in your /etc/apt
> directory, with the apt-cacher redirection in it:
>
> Acquire::http::Proxy "http://aptcacherdeb.localdomain:3142";;

I'm installing from a preseed file, if possible, I'd like to keep the
file as created by d-i.

> If that file exists, you don't need the redirection in sources.list.
> All you need is the provided sources.list, e.g.:
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free
> # deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

Actually, that is my question why can't the above line be redirected to
my proxy?

In other words, can 'http://security.debian.org/debian-security
buster/updates main' be changed.

--