Re: Needed: functionality of mkisofs command

On 10/27/2019 09:13 AM, Stefan Krusche wrote:
Am Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2019 schrieb Richard Owlett:
I wish to use ISO files as archives.

Multiple references suggest command of form:
$ mkisofs –o backup.iso /home/tin/Documents/backup

Debian does not have "mkisofs".

The manpages for xorriso and xorrisofs say they are suitable.

BUT give no example. I got lost attempting to follow the manpages.

Help please.

Maybe genisoimage can help you.

Neither its manpage nor package page give me "warm comfy feelings".
Seems too tightly tied to physical media.

As I have an unrelated project involving xorriso/xorrisofs I'll focus on Thomas Schmitt's comments.

Thank you.