Re: How to download email messages from Yahoo Groups in Debian?

On 2019-10-26, Gerardo Ballabio <gerardo.ballabio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, but I need some more help.
>
> I've downloaded the script, but the README says that I need to supply
> "the T and Y cookie" and that I should be able to extract them from my
> browser.
>
> My browser is Firefox. I've checked and it doesn't seem to provide a
> way to extract cookies. Apparently that requires installing an
> extension, and I don't know whether Debian provides that (I'd rather
> avoid installing random extensions from the Internet).

It appears login.yahoo.com creates 2 cookies (named Y and T).

 ./yahoo.py -ct 'YOUR_T_COOKIE' -cy 'YOUR_Y_COOKIE' groupname

Apparently, you paste the value (this is what is meant by the
term "extraction") of the respective cookies (Tools/Web
Developer/Storage Inspector in Firefox as per Jeremy N.) into the
command line above, i.e.

 ./yahoo.py -ct <T cookie value> -cy <Y cookie value> groupname

This gleaned here:

https://github.com/nsapa/yahoo-group-archiver

Good luck.

--
We do not remember what we might have been before birth. This, and only this,
gives hope of oblivion.--Insufficient!