Re: Script does not do what it is told to do

On 2019-10-24 at 18:37, Ken Heard wrote:

> Whenever I run this script -- or several others like it

<snip>

> it returns the following:
>
> ken@Turing:~$ tarkbrowsers
> tar (child): /media/ssda/backups/kbrowsers.tgz: Cannot open: No such
> file or directory

How are you invoking the script?

What does

$ type tarkbrowsers

report?

Does running the script with its full path, rather than by the bare
name, make any difference?

I'm wondering whether there might somehow be another script with this
same name, which is in your PATH ahead (and therefore getting invoked
instead) of the one you quoted for us.

No idea how that might have gotten to be the case, if so, but it's at
least worth explicitly ruling out.

--
   The Wanderer