Re: Firefox Seems to Have a Mind of It's Own

On 10/24/19 9:14 AM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

> Firefox Quantum 70.0(64-bit) on Buster Wants
>
> The browser always to use Bing for searches even though I've removed it
> from the list of search engines and selected Google as the default..
>
> Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

No. Mine is set to DDG, and always goes there.

You might grep the Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird folder(s) for 'Bing' and
try replacing that with something civilized. (Copying the folder to .saf
first, in case it trashes your browser...)

Or maybe listen to others on this list who know what they're doing.

--
Glenn English