Re: buster, ekiga.

From: Robin Krahl <robin.krahl@ireas.org>, Fri, 19 Jul 2019 20:12:58 +0200
> Ekiga has been removed as the last upstream release was in 2013, see:
> 	https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ekiga
> 	https://tracker.debian.org/news/1004860/removed-401-9-from-unstable/
> 	https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=911593
> Most likely it won&#x2019;t come back to Debian.  You might want to have a look
> at alternatives, for example empathy.

OK, thanks.  Empathy is installed in Debian 10 here but still fails
to recognize the contact list.

Also https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Empathy has this sentence.
"Empathy is currently no longer in development (see also Attic/Unmaintained)."

In gnome-contacts-list@gnome.org was a comment that Empathy is being removed
from GNOME but I can't offer a reference for that.  gnome-contacts-list is no
longer listed in https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo .

Conclusion: no VoIP application is working in Debian 10 here.  New information
is welcome of course.

Regards,                              ... Peter E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca