Re: where does knotes store its data

On 10/22/19, email.lists81@gmail.com <email.lists81@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just moved from Debian 8 to Debian 10, I seem to be missing a bunch
> of notes from knotes, does anyone know where knotes data is stored in
> Debian 8.

While you're waiting for someone who uses that package to check, have
you tried looking under the.. *not hidden*.. files under your user's
/home directory? I'm talking about all that fun stuff that "CTRL+H"
will bring up most particularly within file managers (but occasionally
can also be triggered on and off from within other packages' e.g.
"File > Open an existing file" feature).

Was just coincidentally in that CTRL+H part of Debian's /home/user
file structure today. I think I accidentally solved an issue one
package was having where exactly this kind of thing was happening.
Previous user data didn't carry over because... the.. um.. user's
DOTdirectory was given a new name during a package's recent upgrade.
*oops!*

New to-do is to find out if the package maintainers already caught
that whoopsie. If I read the situation correctly when it happened,
there was a new guy involved in that one. Just an example of how those
things happen on occasion.

*oops.*

Cindy :)
--