Buster's VDR plugin epgsearch is broken.

The fixed release is in Debian testing. Will we ever get it backported to Buster? The plugin crashes VDR when it finds a conflict in the timers. VDR in Buster is unusable with this plugin and my use case requires the plugin.

What is Debian policy about this kind of incidents? Should I get the source package and patch and build it myself, or will it get ever patched to Buster?

I had a self build VDR 2.2.0 in Jessie-Stretch but now decided to go with the stock version with a fresh Buster setup.

What a misery.

--

Will the third world war keep "Bosom Buddies" off the air?