Re: Buster: any graphical browser not depending on systemd?

tomas@tuxteam.de writes:

Hi,

just upgraded to buster. Things went (mostly) smoothly -- thanks to
all the kind souls at Debian!

Just realized that firefox-esr seems (perhaps I'm wrong?) to depend on
systemd now.

  - am I holding it wrong?
  - is there an alternative?

BTW. midori seems to depend on systemd too.

Thanks for any pointers, cheers
-- tomas

Hi,

I am running Debian Buster here as well (with systemd), but how do you get
the impression that Browsers depend on it? Is it in some way a transitive
dependencey? Because when querying directly, I see nothing:

	~$ aptitude show firefox-esr | grep systemd
	~$ aptitude show midori | grep systemd
	~$ apt-cache policy firefox-esr
	firefox-esr:
	  Installed: 60.9.0esr-1~deb10u1
	  Candidate: 60.9.0esr-1~deb10u1
	  Version table:
	 *** 60.9.0esr-1~deb10u1 500
		500 http://security.debian.org buster/updates/main amd64 Packages
		100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
	     60.8.0esr-1~deb10u1 500
		500 http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages
	~$ apt-cache policy midori
	midori:
	  Installed: (none)
	  Candidate: 7.0-2
	  Version table:
	     7.0-2 500
		500 http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages

I know there are some people on this list who run systemd-free systems, so
possibly if any of them has a GUI web-browser installed this might resolve
the question more quickly than my "theoretical" approach from above?

HTH
Linux-Fan