Re: Only boot tty

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 05:07:43PM -0500, Cindy Sue Causey wrote:

> Tty *might* be a good start. Someone else will surely have a better
> line of attack than mine including knowledge of the possibility that
> the installation MIGHT have downloaded some useful things that are
> just waiting on the sidelines for their turn.

I've just solved this problem for myself after doing some packet
capture. The only significant difference between apt and any other HTTP
client is the User-Agent string, so I changed apt's by creating the file
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99useragent and populating it with:

Acquire
{
  http::User-Agent "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0";
};

Bingo! 'apt update' and 'apt upgrade' both work fine.

Apparently, the mirrors are getting nauseated by the User-Agent string.
That ain't right!

--
Art Sackett
http://www.artsackett.com/