Re: Want to install info node for elisp in emacs on stretch

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 11:42:43PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> On Mon 14 Oct 2019 at 21:06:21 (-0700), Dan Hitt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using debian 9 (stretch).
> >
> > I would like to install the info node for elisp (in emacs).
> >
> > I went to packages.debian.org to search for elisp in stretch.  There are
> > six results but none of them look like they contain info documentation.

[...]

> Perhaps you're looking for emacs-common-non-dfsg which is in non-free
> (for licensing reasons I believe).

Yes. There is a conflict between how Debian defines "free" (DFSG) and
how GNU wants to license their "free" documentation (GFDL). Possibly
best summarized here [1]

Freedom is a complex beast, alas.

[1] https://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001

Cheers