Re: Nodejs and Harp static website generator

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 03:51:30PM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
Has anyone on this list had any experience with Harp
(https://harpjs.com)?  I am having trouble getting it re-installed
and not getting much help from the developer.  Alternatively, can
anyone recommend a suitable substitute for it.

The package has an impressive web site; have you tried the IRC
channel?

After days of searching and looking at a number of static engines, I
chose Pelican; I did not happen across Harp.

But I kept searching, because of the logistics involved in conversion
of LaTeX markup to markup which can be digested by Pelican or other
static generators; everything here is done directly in LaTeX.

Then I discovered latex2html, which produces web pages ready to
upload, direct from LaTeX; you can't get much more static and simple
than that.  Caveat: latex2html lacks the bells and whistles typical of
blogging engines, but those I do not require, except that I create my
own RSS feed with Listgarden, a very nice Perl script which was
written years ago by Dan Bricklin, inventor of the spreadsheet.