Re: buster 10.1 Q

On Saturday 12 October 2019 13:00:08 Reco wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:53:40PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > What is the replacement for a graphical package manager since
> > synaptic is deprecated? peferably something that can be run over an
> > ssh -Y user@machine login.
>
> aptitude search
> '?and(?tag(admin::package-management),?tag(interface::graphical),?tag(
>x11::application))'
>
> Reco

Unforch, it wants to first do a --fix-broken to remove a locally built
deb I just installed. And that is the reason I bought that rpi4 in the
first place. dpkg-reconfigure says its broken but won't say why.  And it
seems to run just fine for about 5 seconds, until it looks for the
interface card and doesn't find it. I need to go modify the hookup to
make that card available so I can really test its functions.  If its
really broken, it ought to tell me why or what.

Thanks Reco.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis