Re: AppImage

	Hi.

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 02:14:42PM -0500, Donnie Wooton wrote:
> Is there a way to install a AppImage file on RasPi4 running Debian?

Where did you get an unofficial Debian image for Raspberry Pi4?
Just to save you the confusion - Raspbian is not Debian, and Debian
cannot run on Raspberry Pi4 yet. As of stable, at least.

> I have saved the image file to the desktop and used terminal to make
> it executable.  It won’t run...

It's most likely that they build it for a different CPU architecture
(i.e. x86-64).

So, you either:

1) Ask for an Appimage built for armhf.
In exactly the same place you got that Appimage.

2) Try your luck with qemu-user-x86-64.
It won't be pretty.

3) Install the whatever it is you want with apt, the way it is intended
in Raspbian.

Reco