Re: Bible study tools in Debian repository - End-user support?

On 10/09/2019 07:06 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2019-10-09, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
I'm running Debian 9.8 and have just installed BibleTime, Xiphos, and
diatheke. I expect BibleTime will become my primary tool. The available
documentation has breadth, if not depth.

For the type of usage questions I have, I have found archives of mailing
lists and USENET groups to be a valuable tool in filling in voids in my
background to avoid "newbie" confusion. I searched the various homepages
without finding what I was looking for. One site explicitly stated they
do not have publicly available user support fora. A web search turned up
some old posts, all several years old.

Have you looked here?

https://github.com/bibletime/bibletime/issues

Yes. None of the topics there seemed personally relevant.
Perhaps it is I just don't grok github itself. I've unproductively gone there before about other programs.

I guess you'd have to sign up for a GitHub account to participate.

Can anyone suggest an active mailing list or USNET group where usage
questions about these programs would be acceptably on-topic? I find web
based fora difficult to follow.

TIA