Re: to install libpng12.so.0

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2019-10-05 11:20 +0200, Sven Hartge wrote:
>> Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org> wrote:

>>> Now, if the software is closed source, then you will have to get a
>>> libpng12 targeting your system.

>> In Debians case, the best way to do this, is to install the version
>> from Jessie. It should not conflict with any libraries in the current
>> version and resolve the problem.

> It does, however, conflict with the usrmerge file system layout which
> you get on a fresh install[1].  There is a newer version on
> snapshot.debian.org[2] which should solve that, but there will of
> course not be any security updates for it.

> 1. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=922214
> 2. https://snapshot.debian.org/package/libpng/1.2.54-6/#libpng12-0_1.2.54-6

Urgh. Another reason to disable that usr-merge nonsense right away.

I event went as far as re-mastering my own Debian-10 install ISO to
disable the stuff before it contaminates any newly installed system.

Just too many problem with the way it was rushed through.

Grüße,
Sven².

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.