Re: [SOLVED, kind of] Re: ext4: debugfs: icheck: Input/output error while calling ext2fs_block_iterate

Sep 28, 2019, 11:24 by bouncingcats@gmail.com:

> Having read that, I don't see any admission that fsck makes any
> changes if run without any options as it seems you did. So I
> wonder what caused the change in the debugfs message.

man wasn't available in BusyBox so I had to limit myself to the options available through "fsck.ext4 --help". I think I ran it as "fsck.ext4 -cfv /dev/sda", if I remember correctly.

> Personally I think if both smart and fsck are happy then I would
> trust the filesystem. I have done a few repairs like this and never
> had any subsequent problems, but it's worth keeping an eye on
> future smart tests to see if any further errors appear on the drive.

The system seems to work fine so far. I'm going to keep an eye on it in the near future, just in case.

Thanks to everyone who responded.