Re: Starting processes after installation

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 01:35:39PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Buster runs fine, IF it can find its keyboard and mouse. But ssh doesn't
> want to run until the random number generator is seeded, and without a
> keyboard, it doesn't get seeded. It will sit there and answer a ping for
> half an hour, but that doesn't seed it so life can go on. So you take
> the drive to another machine, ask some questions on the lists and maybe
> fix it, and maybe not...

https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#entropy-starvation

https://wiki.debian.org/BoottimeEntropyStarvation

There is no simple fix for this one, I'm afraid.  If you try one or
more of the suggestions from the wiki, let us know which one(s) and
how well they worked for you.  That might help other people in the
future.