Re: Slab Unreclaimable is continually growing

Just for reference:

check_mk_agent caused the endlessly growing of SUnreclaim in
/proc/meminfo and similary vm_area_struct in slabtop if the typical
conditions are met in a Debian Buster with check-mk-agent:

- Debian 10 Buster
    systemd        241-7~deb10u1 amd64
    Kernel 4.19.67-2, but with newer kernels too.

- check-mk-agent
    my version is 1.5.0p18, but with newer versions too

- check_mk.socket is active in systemd and used via 6556/tcp

- one or more checks are cached
    for example ntp in check_mk_agent or the simple
    echo "0 myservice - OK: This is my custom output"

tribe29 as creators of checkmk is aware of this, has observed it only
in Debian Buster and recommends in Buster xinetd for the listening
socket for its agent.

https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/pipermail/checkmk-en/2019-September/028675.html
https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/pipermail/checkmk-en/2019-September/028676.html

Matthias